The Legal Clinics are part of LBAW's Community Service Committee. The Committee facilitates access to legal services by offering free topic-based legal education and advice to low-income and underserved Latino community members. In collaboration with pro bono attorneys and community organizations, like Centro de la Raza and Hispanic Seafair, LBAW members and volunteers have coordinated legal educational presentations and advice clinics at various locations throughout Western and Eastern Washington. LBAW also partners with local law firms, like Schroeter Goldmark & Bender, in the facilitation of these legal clinics.
To become a volunteer, please download the Volunteer Application.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN 2013:
Schroeter Goldmark & Bender and LBAW Free Legal Clinic at El Centro de la Raza
- 2013 Legal Clinic Dates: Wednesdays on February 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, and October 9
- Location: El Centro de la Raza (2524 16th Ave. South, Third Floor, Seattle, WA 98144)
- Registration: Sign-up for free general consultations is 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm on a first-come, first-served basis. Last sign-up time is at 7:00 pm
- Areas of the Law: Auto Accidents; Birth Injuries; Immigration; Personal Injury; Worker’s Rights/Wage Claims; Criminal Law; Medical Negligence; Family Law; and Property/Landlord-Tenant Law
- To volunteer as an attorney, law student, or legal staff, please download the Volunteer Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. To volunteer as an interpreter, please email email@example.com.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FLYER IN ENGLISH & SPANISH
We encourage all active attorneys, legal staff, and students interested in volunteering to teach, interpret or provide administrative support to contact us. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Committee Co-Chairs Lorena González at email@example.com or Fé Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To promote justice through free legal education, and to uphold the LBAW greater mission of representing the needs & concerns of the Latino community in the State of Washington.
LBAW has various legal clinics throughout the calendar year, and it is our hope that we can strategically partner with various companies, firms, community groups, agencies, and organizations to create a sustainable monthly calendar so that we can provide legal education to those who need it most in our community.
LBAW accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information included in this material. These views and opinions may not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of LBAW, its members, officers, or directors. Authors of statements, views and opinions included in these materials are solely responsible for all content. Moreover, the information in this site shall not be considered legal advice. You should not act based on the information on this email without consulting an attorney. Neither the publication and use of this site, nor the submission by another site user, create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship can be established only by specific agreement between a client and a firm and/or attorney.